We are looking for an entrepreneurial person who loves to get things done efficiently: This person should be independent, self-motivated, organised and have great communication, analytical and organisational skills. The motivation of the internship is to define and develop a new data visualisation platform for IoT devices connected to the Sigfox network, capable of handling several million messages per day. As part of the Technical Pre Sales & Delivery team, the intern will liaise closely with the sales and support teams to:
- Identify customer needs and internal support needs: What metrics do we want to monitor (temperature, position, network information, …), What type of dashboard is needed (graph, tables, widget, …), How often should the data be updated / stored, who should have access to the data
- Benchmark and test different solutions: For data injection, from Sigfox backend (API, callbacks, Google Connectors), For data pre-processing (cloud functions, device parsing, PoI matching), For data storage (BigQuery, JSON, other databases), For data visualisation (Power BI Desktop, PowerBI Online, Google Data Studio), For data reporting (PowerPoint / PDF extraction, email notification, …).
- For each of these solutions an analysis should be done: How easy is it to configure / maintain: What technical expertise is expected, How easy is it to scale: For additional devices, For additional projects
What are the costs
What are other advantages and disadvantages?
- A positive attitude, good management and communication skills, clarity and competence in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team and be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Optimist who enjoys working with people from different cultures
- Organised, efficient, proactive, autonomous and a self-starter
- Reliability, integrity and trustworthiness
- Engineering degree (telecommunications/electronics/IT)
- Programming experience (Python, Excel, Google Cloud Services, PowerBI (DAX, M-Query), database (SQL, BigQuery)
- Documentation, synthesis and presentation skills
- A completed experience in the Internet of Things industry is appreciated
- German / English, Bonus: French, Czech
- German contract: Master thesis / internship – 6 months (German law)
Interested? Then apply here at email@example.com – we look forward to seeing you
Location Munich / Germany OR Prague / Czech Republic